Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm not quite sure what this is. I just got back from Dennys' with the greg, steven and yvette. And we were talking about the blogs we have and that we'll soon be starting. Yvette ridiculed and said i should make another post before i do my top ten movies of 2009 (faggy huh?). And then steven started talking about writing. And i don't know...when i got home i had the sudden urge to write something... so this is for steven, greg, yvette and the waiter who undoubtedly spit in our food... but mainly to appease yvette before i post my movie post.

___________________________________________________

I cross the intersection. The light was red. Red reminding me of the color of her hair. The rare mysterious ginger that all guys dream about. Ginger sans the freckles, perfect complexion, not one single blemish to be found on her perfect bodess.

I don’t stop for the next red light at the intersection, i push on through. I nearly hit a young woman, i could care less.

I speed up past the pre-determined speed limit for this particular area, i don't care, anything to get me there faster.

I look around as i speed through town. I see an eye glass store. And as they all do, this one had the generic pictures of models doing as they do...modeling, modeling glasses. One particular one had the image of a girls’ visage; pert lips, perfectly shaped nose and cheek bones. Perched upon these cheek bones were thick rimmed glasses, the very same she wore. Or maybe not, maybe i mistook them for hers in my speeding frenzy, i don’t care, all this’ll be behind me soon enough.

I arrive in a residential area, almost there i think. I see kids playing, frolicking as they do amongst the sprinklers and toys in their front yard, no doubt one of the last remaining places around where the young can play care free outside, without fear, fear of predators and abduction. Who cares. So they get taken and molested, so their life ends that very day....they should be so lucky. Most end mid twenties, when everything you dreamt of is crushed by the man, and everything your heart desired by the woman. At least they’ll never experience that pain, the pain of selling out just to survive. Thats whats wrong with this generation...the acceptance of selling out as an inevitability.

I drive for another couple blocks and i see it beyond the horizon...my destination. I see the seagulls flying up above me. I smell the salt of the water that surrounds us all. I get close, I put my foot down, down as far as it can go to make it all go faster. I drive as fast as I possibly can for a few seconds, and then im flying. And for a few fleeting moments im hanging, suspended in air, slowly tipping southward. All i see through my window is blue...vast and unrelenting blue... I’ll be at the bottom of an endless plane of land and water soon enough. I’ll be dead, but will I really be that much different than the living?

3 comments:

jessica. said...

I liked your flow.
I liked the last two paragraphs best. And the last line.
Keep writing, because you're talented. And I can ride on your coat tails. (:

Unknown said...

Good stuff Nick. I like your style. Your really talented. Just keep doing what you do and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal.

Every Tongue said...

Style points for the Burgessian vocab play. And Hazzah! to a short-short equipped with a comment on contemporary life.